Popsicles… it’s time to make popsicles. This is what I’ve been telling myself for weeks, months! But Todd, you’re a bartender. You can’t shake a popsicle. Not this time – not for the blog. Don’t worry, add some tequila, it will be fine. Say no more! I like my popsicles bursting with flavor, so for this recipe I added a ton of ripe mango.
I grew up eating mango slices sprinkled with chile, so it was only natural that I do the same with these mango popsicles. Trust me, it’s the best flavor combo! I experimented with a few different kinds of chile: guajillo, ancho, and arbol, but feel free to have fun with it and choose your favorite.
Ingredients (makes ~10 popsicles):I like my popsicles bursting with flavor, so for this recipe I added a ton of ripe mango.
- 3 cups chopped mango
- 3 oz lime juice
- 3 oz agave
- 3 oz water
- pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 oz tequila
- chile powder for garnish
Use mangoes that are ripe and soft to the touch. Chop the mango. I like cutting large slices on either side of the pit and cubing the fruit so that it releases easily from the peel.
- Add the mango to the blender.
- Add the lime juice, agave, water, salt, and tequila to the blender.
- Puree the mixture until smooth.
- Pour the puree into the popsicle molds.
- Place the tray in the freezer.
- After approximately one hour, add the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze until solid.
- Once frozen, release the popsicles by running them under warm water for a few seconds.
- Dip the popsicles in chile powder to garnish.
That’s all there is to it! Almost too easy…
Thank You Todd at Honestly Yum for this awesome recipe.